- 4U high, rack-mount, six-axis controller for brush, brushless, and stepper motors
- Ideal for controlling six-axis robotic systems like hexapods
- Real-time A3200 distributed control architecture allows synchronized motion on up to 32 axes
- FireWire? or ASCII command interface via TCP/IP
- Optional integrated encoder multipliers for highresolution positioning and reduced integration complexity
- Optional six-axis jog pendant
- CE approved; follows the 2011/65/EU RoHS 2 Directive
- Program in native RS-274 G-code, AeroBasic command set, C, C++/CLI, .NET, MATLAB?, LabVIEW?, or IEC 61131-3 (LD, FBD, ST) for the ultimate in programming flexibility
Aerotech¡¯s HEX RC is a high-performance, 6-axis motion controller ideal for controlling robotic systems like hexapods. The HEX RC is 4U high, rack-mountable, and compatible with the Automation 3200 (A3200) motion platform. A high-performance processor provides the intense computing power needed to run up to 32 axes, perform complex, synchronized motion trajectories, manipulate I/O, and collect data at high speeds.
Powerful Control Architecture
The HEX RC features 6-axes of drives capable of controlling any combination of brush, brushless, or stepper motors. The HEX RC performs both current loop and servo loop closures digitally to ensure the highest level of positioning accuracy and performance. With the A3200 distributed control architecture, the HEX RC connects and controls up to 26 additional axes of servo, stepper, or piezo-driven stages.
Interface and Design Options
The HEX RC is designed with an ASCII command interface over TCP/IP for control in applications such as beamlines. Alternatively, the HEX RC can act as a master controller and control other A3200 external drives via the FireWire interface.
The HEX RC accepts amplified-sine or digital encoders. With optional integrated encoder mulitipliers up to X4096, high-resolution positioning is assured.
An optional 6-axis jog pendant adds easy, manual control of the positioning system. In safety critical applications, an emergency stop option with redundant safety relays can be added.
Flexible Programming Environment
Aerotech¡¯s A3200 focuses on ease of use for the programmer, shortens development time compared with other tools, and provides the flexibility to use the tools or controller most familiar to programmers. A complete Integrated Development Environment and a comprehensive .NET motion library provide classes for motion, I/O, status, and diagnostic information. Program in Visual Studio and use the .NET library, or use the Motion Composer (IDE) to develop code with AeroBasic¢â commands or G code. A LabVIEW? VI library is available for NI users, while a complete C library is available for those using Visual Basic, C++, or C.